I'm Rachael, Owner and Trainer of Dog's Choice LLC.
As a dog mom, foster parent and former Behavior Manager at The Maui Humane Society I am passionate about offering education, support and understanding to dog parents who may be struggling with behavior issues or just want to strengthen the bond between them and their dog.
We are afterall two very different species who communicate in very different ways- it’s no wonder issues arise at some point in our relationship!
My job is to learn all about your dog, what you love about them and what behaviors drive you crazy! I’ll teach you how to speak dog and create an easy to implement training plan that gets you back on track to a harmonious life together.
My mission is to help dog parents embrace dogness while learning how to communicate with their furry (sometimes stinky, sometimes slobbery) best friend!!
Ready to grow your dog communication skills, learn fun, confidence building training exercises and bring harmony to your home?
We’ll Take Care
of Your Dog Friends
I use reward-based training, as this is the most humane and effective method of training. (For more information on the scientific evidence, check out the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior’s position statement on Humane Training.)
As a Fear Free Certified Professional, I am committed to alleviating fear, anxiety, and stress in pets. Learn more at fearfreepets.com
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
• Victoria Stilwell Academy for Dog Training & Behavior certification
• Fear Free Certified Professional Trainer certification
• TAGTeach Level One certification
• The Pet Professional Guild Member, 2020
• Control Unleashed ‘Help for your distracted, anxious, reactive, or easily aroused dog’ webinar
• Predation Substitute Training: New Ways to Manage Predatory Chasing webinar
• Stationing for the Win-Win! Platform Training for Behavior webinar
• Cooperative Care – Grisha Stewart Dog School webinar
• MicroSigns Dog Body Language webinar
• BAT 2.0 for Aggression, Frustration, & Fear webinar
• Aggression in Dogs Conference, 2021
• Aggression in Dogs workshop with Trish McMillan & Mike Shikashio
• International Dog Behavior Conference, 2020, 2021
• Fear Free Certified Professional Trainer
The Dog's Choice Guarantee
As a VSA Positive Reinforcement-based, Force-Free and Fear Free Certified Professional Trainer I guarantee to put your and your dog’s needs first. Training sessions are made flexible to account for your individual dog’s learning style and comfort level. They will always have choice in what is reinforcing and can opt in and out of activities. By giving your dog a voice in their training journey they will gain confidence and learn faster.